Hongar Farms recently contacted me about trying out their new gourmet line of Benissimo cooking oils and they also offered me a bottle for one of my fans. I couldn’t let you all down, so of course I took this opportunity to get one of my fans some cool prizes.
However, I told myself I would never do a product giveaway or review of a product if I didn’t believe in or use myself. I would never want to lead you on a product that I actually didn’t like, and I wasn’t disappointed in the product.
Before I give my review of the product, I want to tell you little bit about Hongar Farms. The farms date back as far as 450 years ago in the Austrian Alps. They only use the highest quality herbs, spices, oils, vinegars, and produce to create their products. Originally the products were made for regional royalty, wealthy traders, and landowners. Their Benissimo infused flavors of oils however, date to between the 19th-20th century. Their products are 100% natural and are a great source of omega-3. They don’t contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or cholesterol.
The flavor that I tried was the Benissimo Mediterranean Garlic Infused Oil. The oil was infused with thyme, garlic, oregano, and basil. I found the flavor to be quite subtle, but still with a distinct taste. This point was actually my favorite part about the oil. I know that I can use this in some of my other recipes and be reassured that the oil won’t over pour the flavor of the other ingredients. The oil will rather enhance the flavor of the other ingredients.
Another great point to make is the price. You can find the oil for $4.99 on the online store, and $8.99 in retail store. It would be a great addition to any pantry, but also a great gift package to give someone for a housewarming party or aspiring chefs.
About the contest: You must be a U.S. Resident | 18 Years or Older (Not my rule…Sorry)
Enter using the rafflecopter below. This is my first time using it, so let me know how you like it.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here is the recipe I tried using my Benissimo oil:
Roast Tomato, Prosciutto, Parmesan, Olive and Italiano Bruschetta
Link To Recipe: http://hongarfarms.com/rec_app.php
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 T. Benissimo Italiano Oil
- 8 slices crusty grilled bread
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 slices prosciutto, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup Benissimo Italiano Oil
- 2 T. Benissimo Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon Benissimo Italiano Oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Brush the bread with oil and grill or broil until golden.
- To serve, combine tomatoes, olives, prosciutto spoon over the bread and top with the parmesan.
- Combine 1/4 cup Benissimo Italiano Oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the bruschetta.
Vegetarian Baker http://vegetarianbaker.com/