How to Make Strawberry Fruit Leather |Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
Fruit Roll-Ups, also known as Fruit Leather, that are store-bought are filled with preservatives, artificial flavors, and unneeded sugar. These homemade ones are healthy and delicious. They do take a little bit of patience in the cooking time, but they are so worth the wait. I used strawberries in this recipe, but you can use many other fruits. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram (@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker).
Subscribe, It’s Free: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToVegetarianBaker
LIVE SHOW (4PM CST | Tuesdays & Fridays):
Brands That I Used:
Vitamix 780: http://amzn.to/1LuhW0v
Silicone Baking Sheet: http://amzn.to/1UTqbX1
- Strawberries | 1 Quart
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- Agave | 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 150*F or the lowest possible temperature.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender. If you want to strain the seeds out, you can use cheesecloth or a nut bag to do so.
- Pour the blended up fruit onto a parchment or silicone lined half sheet tray. Spread out smooth. I like to knock the tray on the table to release in bubbles.
- Place into the oven for 3 hours. After 3 hours rotate the tray and bake for another 1-3 hours. The fruit leather should be no longer sticky in the middle. The 2nd bake time will be determined by the lowest possible temperature of your oven.
- Once it's not sticky in the center of your tray, remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Gently peel off the fruit leather from the Silpat. Cut into squares or strips using a pizza cutter, knife, or scissors. If you want to make fruit roll-ups, roll the strips in parchment paper. Store in an air-tight container.
- My oven was heated to 170*F because that was the lowest temperature that my oven would go. It took about 2 hours during the second bake time. If you have a food hydrator, you can use that as well. The lower the temperature and the longer the bake time the better.
3 Healthy Mango Smoothies Recipes!
No Comments | Aug 4, 2017
2 Last Minute, Easy Holiday Recipes
1 Comment | Dec 21, 2015
How To Make Vegan Parmesan
No Comments | Feb 17, 2015
Baked Nutella Doughnuts with a Nutella Glaze
No Comments | Jun 19, 2014