Vegan Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Veganism is the lifestyle where you don’t eat any animals or their by-products. Even though I claim as vegetarian, I do love playing around with vegan desserts. This Vegan Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe is delicious. They are moist, sweet, and just all around amazing. Also included is a recipe for vegan buttercream. It is so good and basic, that the opportunities are endless with this recipe. If you aren’t vegan, these cupcakes taste just like normal cupcakes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and how to video, and if you have any vegan friends, make sure you share this post with them. They will thank you later. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
- 2 Green Apples
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Lemon (Zested and Juiced)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Cinnamon and Vanilla To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line cupcake molds
- Core and chop apples Into small pieces
- Heat vegan butter and brown sugar in medium pot until melted.
- Add apples and cook until golden brown.
- Mix almond milk, lemon juice, canola oil, granulated sugar and vanilla with whisk. Add lemon zest and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients using whisk.
- Fold in cooled apples.
- Fill lined cupcake mold with batter 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool before icing.
- Beat butter until smooth using paddle attachment.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
I was wondering if i could use ordinary dairy milk instead of almond milk? 🙂
Thanks in advance! 🙂