How To Make Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
November is the month of Thanksgiving, which makes me think of pumpkin pie and turkey. Being a vegetarian for almost 8 years, I haven’t had turkey, but pumpkin pie is still one of my favorites. However, many people do not know that November is also World Vegan Month. I wanted to put my culinary skills to the test to create a Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. This recipe requires no special equipment or culinary knowledge. This recipes is also great for the kids to help out in the kitchen (They are great at smashing the graham crackers). I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to share this recipe with all your friends. If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram(@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
This recipe for Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie was made in collaboration with my friend Megan of HealthyGroceryGirl. We wanted to create a delicious and nutritious vegan dinner that people would love regardless of the lack of meat. Megan made a Gluten-Free lasagna with eggplant, artichoke, and cashew cream that I am sure that you all will enjoy.
Check Out Her Recipe Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki6sGk9Xg4s
Click Here to Subscribe to My YouTube cooking channel:
- 6 TBS, Melted Vegan Butter
- 9 Vegan Graham Crackers
- 1/3 Cup Sugar in the Raw
- 15 Oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBS Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 TBS Homemade Pumpkin Spice (http://youtu.be/GqI4_Z9b6qw)
- 1 Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- Crush the graham crackers in a ziplock bag or food processor.
- Combine with the sugar and melted butter, until well incorporated.
- Pour into pie tin and smooth out evenly.
- Place into fridge or freezer until the pie filling is done.
- Combine everything in a sauce pan on medium heat until all is melted and incorporated.
- Pour into the chilled pie tin. Smooth out.
- Place in freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Let thaw for about 20-30 minutes and cut with a warm knife.