Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups | Homemade Reese’s
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups may have been the most requested recipe when I started the Vegan Candy series. Famously known as Reese’s peanut butter cups, these treats were very popular in many household as a child. These treats are a nice balance between sweet & salty. These are so simple to make at home and make great gifts. Also, I am starting a series for your favorite childhood candies, so don’t forget to leave a comment telling me yours.
If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram (@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
Brands I Used:
Vegan Dark Chocolate: http://amzn.to/2vRq0kW
Organic Powdered Sugar: http://amzn.to/2wtYmwg
Organic Peanut Butter: http://amzn.to/2wpQNby
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips | 1 1/4 Cups
- Organic Peanut Butter | 1/2 Cup
- Organic Powdered Sugar | 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla Extract | 1 Teaspoon
- Sea Salt | 1/4 Teaspoon
- Coconut Oil | 1 Teaspoon
- Place peanut butter, powdered sugar, sea salt, and vanilla extract into a bowl. Mix until smooth and dough like. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil until smooth.
- Place about a tablespoon worth of melted chocolate into a cupcake liner.
- Take a portion of peanut butter dough and make a flat wafer out of it. Place into your the cupcake mold. Apply pressure to it to ensure that the chocolate is evenly spread below it.
- Top of with the remaining chocolate. Smooth out with the back of a smooth or small spatula.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least one hour before enjoying. I like to store mine in the fridge as well to keep them fresh longer.
Is it possible to do it with a healthier ingredient than powdered sugar?