Matcha Green Tea Chia Seed Pudding w/ Vegan Dark Chocolate Ganache
Chia Seed Pudding is a nutritious and delicious make ahead breakfast or afternoon snack or even a dessert. Chia seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.
Matcha is a Japanese style green tea that is an antioxidant powerhouse. Matcha is anti-inflammatory, stress reducing, and contains catechins which is anti-cancer. This recipe uses Organic Matcha from Mizuba Tea Company. This isn’t a sponsored recipe, but I wanted to give credit to them because they sell the highest quality and best tasting Matcha I’ve used. bit.ly/MizubaTea
If you have recipe you would like to see me make, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram (@vegetarianbaker & #thevegetarianbaker)
Brands I Used:
Matcha Tea: bit.ly/MizubaTea
Madhava Agave: http://amzn.to/2ujf7tn
Vegan Dark Chocolate: http://amzn.to/2vRq0kW
- Chia Seeds | 1/3 Cup
- Almond Milk | 2 Cups, unsweetened
- Matcha Powder | 2 Teaspoons
- Agave | 1 Tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract | 1 Teaspoon
- Vegan Dark Chocolate | 1/2 Cup
- Full Fat Coconut Milk | 1/4 Cup
- Place chia seeds, almond milk, matcha powder, agave, and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix until well combined. Separate into bowls or mason jars evenly. I find that this recipes makes 3-4 portions. Place lids onto your bowls or jars and set in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, heat the coconut milk until it's just about to simmer. Pour over the vegan dark chocolate and mix until a smooth.
- Take out the chia pudding and add a spoonful of the ganache.